Monday, December 3, 2018

Embrace Awkward

A few weeks ago, during a strange week where multiple things happened that just had me confused or at the least asking, “okay, what’s going on?” I saw this post. 




I had at least two incidences that week that were on the “awkward” level, but I just decided to embrace awkwardness. And now that has become somewhat of a mantra for me! 

Be awkward. It simply means that I will do things that take me outside my comfort zone. I am willing to be stretched. I'm willing to do things I would normally just give up on or not do because it might be strange...it might be awkward. 

Sometimes God calls us to step outside our comfort zones. Let's face it, most of the time when God calls us, it is outside our comfort zone. But you see, it is in that place that He is glorified. It is in that place where we see our weakness and rely on His strength. He takes us just as we are, when we have nothing to offer, and He able to use us to advance His kingdom. We just have to be willing. Be willing to be awkward. Hey, if you go into a situation knowing it will be awkward, then you don't have to be uncomfortable. Just embrace it! What can hurt? 

On a side note, I'm not saying to be awkward, I'm just saying we should embrace it when it happens. We don't need to be weird about things. Life happens. If you are me, you will be in many situations where things just happen like that! (Like spilling tea or dropping something, etc.) Don't try to be awkward, but when those moments arise, don't freak out. Stay calm. Life is too short to let things bother you. Be willing to stretch yourself and do things you never dreamed about. 

No comments: