Monday, August 15, 2011

Some Random Sayings

I found a whole stacks of index cards in my room with sayings on them. I thought I would share a few! Did I mention I like sayings and quotes?

  • Trusting God turns problems into opportunties.
  • Seize the opportunities that God gives you today.
  • A sunset in one land is a sunrise in another.
  • When you don't have anything, you don't have anything to lose. Right?
  • How foolish to worship the creation, when the Creator is so much greater.
  • We cannot know the heart OF God unless we have a heart FOR God.
  • Life changes when you least expect it to. The future is uncertain. So, seize the day. seize this moment, and make the most of it!
  • For every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness.
  • Those who let God provide will always be satisfied. 
  • Plan as though you'll be living for a century, live as though you'll be leaving today.
  • Nature is but a name for an effect whose cause is God.
If I remember right, I think that most of theses quotes came from Our Daily Bread. They have daily devotions and usually some kind of quote for each day. I cannot say for sure if they all came from there, but I know a few did. Check out their website for more info on their free devotions.
You can even get it as an app for your phone!

Here is also a verse that was on one of the many index cards.

Galatians 6:9 (NIV 1984) 

 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 

 

No comments: