Each of the following 6 things have more detail if you click the link below. I liked these suggestions.
Six Characteristics for a Potential Spouse - FamilyLife.com
Six Characteristics for a Potential Spouse
I am often asked, "What should a single person look for in a potential spouse?" Singles want to know...and parents want to know so they can pass the information on to the children. So I finally came up with the following list:
A woman should seek a man who…
- Fears God.
- Is not afraid to love.
- Can admit his faults, his mistakes, and when he's hurt you.
- Can control his passions.
- Honors his parents.
- Is in the process of becoming a leader who knows how to serve.
- Fears God and whose hope is in the Lord God.
- Honors her parents.
- Knows how to ask for forgiveness, admit she's wrong, grant forgiveness, and give grace when you fail her.
- Wants to be a wife and a mother.
- Displays character in her modest dress.
- Knows how to follow a man.