Monday, April 23, 2012

So close, yet still out of reach - still waiting

This has been an interesting last year. Many things have happened and I had much going on. About a year ago, I committed to several different things. One was a year long job, another was finishing college (among other smaller commitments).

I think that the timing on these things are very interesting. Each of these things will be ending within the next month to two months.

As to college, I am 12 credits away from finishing. I am taking two classes that will end in June. And then I have a math class that I need to finish up and science DSST test that I need to take. 4 courses. 10 weeks. And then I have the summer stretching out in front of me...

I have big plans and big goals. There are many things that I want to do this summer. I want to minister to people, I want to be politically involved, I want a job, I want..., I want..., I want...

Yet with all my wants, hopes, goals, and plans, I know the most important thing is to follow God's will. I want to wait on Him and His plans. While I know I must continue to live my life, I must make goals and plan things out, I know God has a plan laid out. I am trusting Him in this situation. I truly believe He has big plans for me this summer, and this coming year. I have no idea what they are and they may not seem "big" to anyone else, but I know God is writing the story. I just pray that in living my daily life, that my life glorifies God (1 Cor. 10:31) and that I live out 1 Thess. 5:16-18.

In the mean time, I am waiting. (I love the lyrics of this song).


No comments: