Monday, July 14, 2014

A Bigger Vision?

A Bigger Vision?

Sometimes I think I forget that we should be living for something bigger, Someone greater. Maybe we think it is about the things and not the who. I feel often times that I want to do so much more than I am doing, but I struggle with the what. What am I supposed to be doing?

I truly feel called to be involved in politics. I feel it is important for Christians to be witnesses in this sphere, but sometimes I wonder if I'm doing enough. 

I suppose in some respects it is a good thing to question. Maybe it will make you try harder. On the other hand, I'm not sure you can ever do enough in whatever part of the world you are called to serve in. 

I think we need to remember that we aren't the ones that can actually change hearts. Only God can do that. We are called to plant the seeds, but we can't force them to grow. It is God that makes the difference.

"I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor." 
1 Corinthians 3:6-8 NIV

Lastly, God has put us where we are for a purpose. No matter where we are, no matter what we are doing, no matter who are are with, we are called to give the glory to God and be a witness for Him. We are called to a "bigger vision". Let's keep a Heavenly perspective and always remember to give Him the glory!

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 
1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV

No comments: