Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What do you write when you don't know what to write?

What do you write when you don't know what to write?

I apparently write nothing. I have been wanting to get a post up for a few weeks now, but I can't think of anything to write... Well, I have thought of a few things, but they either are only relevant at that moment, are long forgotten, or are the last thoughts I have before I fall asleep at night (in which case, they don't get written down). Top that with the busyness that seems never-ending and, well, you get no blog post from me...

So here I am writing, rambling, sharing my musings with you. Hoping that I am reaching you where you are, in your season of life. What is it that you long to be doing? Are you making time for what is important to you? Are you letting excuses keep you from what you should be doing, maybe what God wants you to be doing? Or are you running away? (Makes me think of Jonah!)

When it comes right down to it, I may be asking these questions of myself as much as I am throwing them out to you. Yes, I am busy. It is an honest excuse to why I don't write as much as I would like to. On the other hand, I could make more time, give up something. Or I could just let the musings flow as they do, off and on, now and then. Or I could be more intentional. Take notes when I have ideas and then write them when I have time. I'm not sure...

When I started to write tonight, I didn't have anything in mind to write. My goal was just to write. Writing is very therapeutic to me and I hope that in some way my words may help you as well! So those are my musings for today, enjoy!

No comments: