Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lent 2015 (reversed style)

Today is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. I have been thinking about Lent and what the season means. I read a blog post that a friend had posted on Facebook about doing a reversed version of Lent. I really liked it because I think the giving something up for Lent is sometimes done out of context. One of the suggestions for the reverse Lent was to write one letter or note to someone each day for Lent. The point being to encourage others. 

I had just told my mom the other day that I wanted to add an amendment to my New Years resolutions so I think this would fit in perfectly. My new resolution was going to be to write 50 cards/snail mail to people this year. If I do it for Lent, I will have 40 completed!

My goal in this is to write encouragement and share scripture with those around me. Also, I want to write more thank you notes. I believe sentiment gets lost these days. I don't want to see that happen. 

And who doesn't love to get real mail! I know I do!

Anyway, I'm gonna give it a go and see what happens! And if I don't get 40 done during Lent that will be fine, too. I'll give to the end of the year to get all 50 done, but this will be my jump start!

Here is the blog post I read about the Reversed Lent Challenge: http://www.karenehman.com/2015/02/the-reverse-lent-challenge-dont-give-something-up-take-something-on/

Do you give up something for Lent or would you try this challenge with me? 

No comments: