Thursday, April 2, 2020

Peace and Gratitude during a Pandemic

This article  is fascinating to me. I am so thankful for the peace God has given me during this time. I didn’t understand at the beginning of the year why my word of the year was supposed to be peace. I wanted it to be “vision” or something more exciting! But as it always seems, I don’t pick my word. Instead, God gives me the word. So my word this year is peace and it is because I needed peace.

Maybe you have seen this article on social media already, but if not, take a few minutes to read it. 
A couple quotes from the article:
“Being afraid is literally making you even more susceptible to getting sick.”

“How to Powerfully Boost Your Immune System”
“Practice the act of shifting your focus to things you are grateful for.”

God is teaching me to be grateful and how an attitude of gratitude helps to take the anxiety and stress away. This faith journey is life-long. I’m thankful for the lessons I’ve learned (even though some have been hard) and I’m thankful for the people God has placed in my life (I miss seeing them regularly).

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 
My encouragement to you is to find ways to give thanks. Write it in a notebook. Post it randomly on social media. Call a friend and tell them you are grateful for them. Tell whoever you are at home with what you are grateful for. Thank God for the blessings He has given you.

It is amazing how thanksgiving flows once you start.

So go start! I’ll start for you.

God, I thank you for...

No comments: