Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Musings...Politics

While many believe that politics and faith does not go together, I disagree. I am very involved in politics and I feel it is very important to be involved and informed. It is about the future of our nation and the future generations. One of the things I have found out about politics is that many people I know in politics are very strong Christians. They are people who have faith and are not afraid to share it. They are praying people. In fact, just the other night I was at a political event and an older gentleman came up to me. He asked me if I was working on one of the campaigns. After I told him I was, he started praying for me. He prayed for wisdom for me and for discernment. It was truly amazing and I felt the Holy Spirit had led him to pray for me and had given him the words I needed to hear.

Below is a quote that I like from the movie, Amazing Grace. Whatever career path you choose, whether it is being a parent, teacher, businessman, salesperson, or anything else, if you choose to do it for the glory of God, you can and are doing both. The people I have met in politics are unashamed of their faith. They use their work in politics to witness to the people around them. As the quote says they do both!

‘Mr Wilberforce, we understand you are having problems deciding whether to do the work of God or the work of a political activist,’ says Clarkson. ‘We humbly suggest you can do both,’ adds Hannah More.

~From the Amazing Grace movie.

No comments: