Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Writing to leave a legacy

About a week ago, someone challenged me to keep a log of each day or journal something about it. The point being to just write, make memories, and to also have an account of the things you have done. This person was telling me of the many life experiences that he had had, but that one of his biggest regrets was not taking notes.

So many times we get caught up in the moment and then we think we could never forget it, but...we do. No matter how great the moment, we not remember it. I believe it is important to write things down. Make a few notes about the day. Even if they are just simple thoughts write them down. Store up those moments so you can remember them later and share them with others as well if you choose to.

I want to write down what is happening in my life, family, state, and world. I want to write it down so that generations after me may have a glimpse into this time we are currently living in. I don't know if it will be exciting or heartbreaking or funny or even interesting, but never the less, I want to tell the story. The story I want to leave is not one that focuses on me, but one that focuses on what God has done through me. I pray that in all I am doing, and will ever do, that my life will ultimately be a witness.

I want to leave a legacy...

Below are some lyrics that are about leaving a legacy and video with all the lyrics. please take the time to watch it and really think about the words.

Legacy by Nichole Nordeman

Chorus-
I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHX3qV83W3k&feature=youtube_gdata_player


***Do you journal or even keep a calendar to look back on? What are you doing now to leave a legacy?

No comments: