Saturday, March 28, 2015

Intentional

Today I have been thinking about what it means to be intentional. Especially, what it means to be intentional with those you love. Many of the goals I have made this year focus on being intentional with my time. My goals for the year included reading more, writing letters to those that have impacted my life, and spending more time in the Word. I tried to be specific so I could accomplish my goals. I have tried to be intentional in those goals, but I also need to be intentional in the “how” I am living.   

This year has been a different sort of year. I’m not exactly sure why, but it has been different. I suppose it has to do with the life events that have taken place this year. Early this year, a young member of our extended family died from cancer, at only three years old. It was the first funeral I had been to for a young child. It was very hard to see… such a young life, such a short life. Then just a week later, we attended another funeral. This weekend, I heard about a young person (a family that my parents know) that was in a fatal accident. This person was younger than me. I look around me and I keep thinking, “Am I living intentionally?” I want to live intentionally, I want to live in the moment and make the most of my time.

I feel very reflective today. Looking at what I have done with the short years that I have been on earth and what I may yet do with the hours, days, and years to come, Lord willing. None of us know how much time we have left here on earth. None of know when God will call us home. Will we be ready? When we come to those finally moments, or when others look back on our lives, will we have made an impact for eternity?

While I have many goals for this year, I want to make sure that I live intentionally, that I do make the most of my time, and that I spend quality time with those I love. The only true and lasting legacy that we will someday leave behind will be the impact that we make on the Kingdom. As we look forward, let us live intentionally, making the most of each moment, finding joy in every circumstance. Let’s live for the Kingdom!

No comments: