Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Goodbyes - Adventures in Odyssey Quote

I recently listened to albums 68 and 69 of Adventures in Odyssey. (In my opinion, you are never too old to listen to Odyssey! I have literally been listening since before I was born!) 

I thought the writers did an excellent job of conveying today’s struggles, without talking about a pandemic. They managed to talk about school struggles, missing family members and friends, and other issues without making it all about Covid. I appreciate them touching on some of the issues without making it into something that would date the albums to this time of history. 

Below is one particular quote from one of the episodes that really stood out to me:

“Here is what I have learned about goodbyes...You say a lot of them in your life. Most of the time they'll hurt. I've found a few things that help though. 

One is spending time alone with God and asking Him for comfort.

The other is knowing when you had the chance that you took advantage of the time you did have with your friend. Just looking at one another. Talking. Even saying nothing. I think it is significant that, when faced with death, Jesus spent His last night eating supper with His best friends." 

-Whit
Volume 68 - Out of the Blue
Episode 5 - Always Home 
Adventures in Odyssey


No comments: