Monday, March 1, 2021

Grace and Gratutide - 2021 "Word" of the Year

 Below are some scriptures and quotes that go with my "Word" (theme) of the year!


Definitions

Grace

a : unmerited divine assistance given to humans for their regeneration or sanctification
b : a virtue coming from God
c : a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine assistance
(Merriam-Webster)

 What is Grace? By Christianity.com

Gratitude

: the state of being grateful : thankfulness expressed gratitude for their support
(Merriam-Webster) 

 

Scriptures

(Underlines are my own!)

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9 


And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth... For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.

John 1:14, 16

 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phillippians 4:6-7 

(I love how this verse flows from my word last year (peace) to gratitude.) 


Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 

1 Thessalonians 5:18
 
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
 
Psalm 100:4 
 
Quotes

 (from Pinterest)





No comments: