Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013... Looking Forward

Goals / Resolutions for the New Year

A couple days before 2013 started, I had some time to thing about the coming year and the resolutions I would like to make. I was inspired to create some new goals since last year's didn't go as planned and I couldn't even tell you what they were (except for finishing college, which I did). My inspiration came from two CollegePlus blog posts that I read and could really relate to. The first was called What I Learned About Setting Goals and the second was called The Six Steps I Took to Setting Goals and I would highly recommend you reading them!

Here are some of my goals/resolutions for 2013:

  • Read more (fiction and classics)
  • Memorize Scripture
  • Read my Bible and do a Bible study
  • Try one new thing each month 
  • Pay off my college debt
  • Complete MEPS
  • Continue to be politically active
  • Journal (prayer journal)

These are a few of the goals I have for this year. Most of the other goals fit somewhere inside of these. I have also tried to make these goals as specific as I can. For example, I have written down the list of books I would like to read and when I want to read them. I have made a calendar specifically for my goals. While I have done all this, I still want to make sure that I am willing to let go of these dreams, goals, resolutions, in order for God's Will to be done. I am open for changes and adjustments in my plan. Last year when there was changes, I let my resolutions go, too. This year, I will be open to let these goals change or get adjusted instead of just letting them just vanish.

Also, I want to remember to continue to live my Life Purpose that I wrote a few years ago.

I want to live my life in a way that will always glorify God. I want to develop a heart that says, “Here I am, Lord, send me” (Isaiah 6:1-6). I want to make the most of every day, living like it is my last. I know I have been put here for a purpose (Esther 4:14) and I want to fulfill my purpose, even if I do not always know what God wants me to do. I want to trust Him (Proverbs 3:5-6). I want to live "By Faith" (Hebrews 11) and "Do Hard Things". I want to have an attitude of "It's all about God and not all about me". I am striving to follow the example of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 in my daily life. Ultimately, I want to learn that God knows the whole picture and that He will guide me through everything, even if I do not understand it (Jeremiah 29:11). I want to live in such a way that my life reflects Christ, so I can be a witness for Him. I want to influence children, girls, and women of all ages. I would like to inspire the next generation to be bold for God and to be able to step out on their own faith in Christ. I will do this, first, by reminding them of 1 Timothy 4:12. I will also do this through JOY blog, internet resources, my writing, and through disciplining and teaching others to live for Jesus Christ. I also want to show God’s Biblical Truths to others and expose the lies of the enemy. “So whether [I] eat or drink or whatever [I] do, [I want to] do it all for the glory of God.” (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Happy New Year to all my Readers!

No comments: