Today is a snow day where I live, during the night we received rain, freezing rain, and tonight we are supposed to get snow. On top of the snow we already have!
So as I sit back and think, I wanted to check up on my resolutions. These are the ones I shared with you at the beginning of the year and now that is is almost two weeks later, I thought I would check up on them!
- Read more (fiction and classics) - I have read two books and am starting my 3rd and 4th books today... Also joined Goodreads as a way to keep track of the books I am reading.
- Memorize Scripture - As to this goal, I have made a chart for this and I plan to start memorizing 1 Cor. 13 on Feb. 1st.
- Read my Bible and do a Bible study - I am currently reading a devotional by Laura Story.
- Try one new thing each month - Not yet this month!
- Pay off my college debt - Getting there.
- Complete MEPS - This is a year-long program, I am almost halfway through!
- Continue to be politically active - With the Congress and my state's legislature getting back underway, I have been staying up-to-date. Plus, looking for what ways I am supposed to be involved.
- Journal (prayer journal) - So far about weekly.
- Blog (weekly?) - Well, you may have to be the judge of this!
How are your resolutions or New Year's goal going? Are you staying on top of them, or do you need to make some changes? Be willing to make some changes on a must-need basis and be willing to let God use you this year. Strive for your goals, but in the end, let your life glorify God.