Sunday, May 26, 2013

History Come Alive - War Memorials in Washington DC

After having just been to Washington D.C. about a week ago, it has made all of history come alive for me. It made it feel all the more real. The memorials, especially the war memorials, have made it all seem more real. Instead of just reading about it in a history book, I now have a picture of the people who gave their lives for this country so that we all, so that I, could have freedom. They sacrificed all they had, their very lives in some cases, because they believed in this land. And I thank them for that. I also thank the men and women who are currently fighting for our country.

As you enjoy this weekend with family and friends, also take time to thank a Veteran. They are the ones that gave you the freedoms you enjoy and take for granted each day.

P.S. I'll be posting some of the fun keychains I got on the trip in the coming weeks! Also, if you want to read more about the trip, check out my mom's blog:
http://joycefromtheheart.blogspot.com/2013/05/vacation-tales.html?m=0















No comments: