Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I'm not Perfect

While you may have already guessed this... I'm not perfect. I am not a perfectionist and I am not in any way, shape, or form perfect. When I was younger, I had people and even some extended family members that thought I was such a good little girl and maybe went so far as to say I was perfect. While it may be true, for the most part, I acted like a "good little girl", I wasn't all that good either. I was and am a sinful human being. I try to do good, but still I fail, each and every day. It drove me crazy when people thought I was the perfect kid (or maybe I only thought they thought this!).

I was thinking about all of this the other day and then yesterday I saw this on Pinterest:

http://pinterest.com/pin/532198880936639950/
I know I will never be perfect this side of Heaven. And it is doubtful that I will even become a perfectionist. But I do know this, God is perfect and we should strive to be like Him. So I will strive to be like Him, and have excellence in the things I do. And if by some chance I do demonstrate excellence, I pray that all the glory will be to the One who is perfect and provides us with our talents and abilities.

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

No comments: