Sunday, December 29, 2013

Resolutions…2013


Resolutions…2013

Every year I make resolutions and every year, I seem to fall short of finishing them all. This year, I think I did okay. But not as well as I had planned of course because even now I can’t remember all of them. I tried to stay constituent by blogging about it, but I think I only managed to do about half. I remember that I wanted to read more books, grow closer to God, pay off more of my college debt, and…I can’t remember the rest.


Here are some of my goals/resolutions for 2013:

  • Read more (fiction and classics)
  • Memorize Scripture
  • Read my Bible and do a Bible study
  • Try one new thing each month
  • Pay off my college debt
  • Complete MEPS
  • Continue to be politically active
  • Journal (prayer journal)

So how did I do? Well, I guess not as bad as I thought I had done.

  • Yes I did read more. Read more (fiction and classics)
  • I did not really do this. There was a few attempts, but not as well as I wanted to.  Memorize Scripture
  • I was also bad at being consistent and I didn’t get to do a Bible Study. Read my Bible and do a Bible study
  • Hmmm…Can’t say that I did something new each month, but I did a few new things this year. Maybe I will have to share some of them. Try one new thing each month
  • Still working on this one, but getting closer! Pay off my college debt
  • Graduated and got to go to D.C. as well! Complete MEPS
  • Very much so! Can’t wait to see what happens next. Continue to be politically active
  • On and Off. Journal (prayer journal)

So should I make New Year resolutions this year? I probably will. I enjoy thinking of challenging things. Before we ring the New Year in, I want to do some praying and ask what God wants of me this year. I want to grow closer to Him and in all I do, do it for Him. I pray that as you think of this coming year that you will also put Christ first. All to His glory!

No comments: