Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Blessings and Comfort


The past few days have been exhausting, utterly exhausting.It is not because I have run a marathon or have been working extremely hard. But instead, it is an emotional exhaustion. My grandpa is in the final stage of his life and our family has and is there for him. Today my mom and I spent most ofthe day with him. Getting home, I feel exhausted…from sitting all day... It seemsto me that emotional exhaustion is far more exhausting than the exhaustion thatcomes from physical exhaustion.
Even though I feel this heavy weight of emotion, I also feel blessed by the people in my life. I am thankful that our family is surroundingus and is there for my grandpa. I am thankful for the staff that is helping him. They are so kind and caring. I am thankful for my neighbor who is willing to open her house to my little sister. I am thankful for the people who have stepped up to help with the political campaign that I am helping on. Most of all, I am grateful to my Father in Heaven. I know He is there for us. No matterhow hard the situation is. He is there to guide us and comfort us.

Psalm23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear noevil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Matthew5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

John14:1
[ Jesus Comforts His Disciples ] “Do not let your hearts betroubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me.

2Corinthians 1:3-6
New InternationalVersion 1984 (NIV1984)
TheGod of All Comfort
Praise be to the God and Father of ourLord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, whocomforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any troublewith the comfort we ourselves have received from God. Forjust as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also throughChrist our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is foryour comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, whichproduces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer.

No comments: