Sunday, July 22, 2012

Writing...a part of life - God's grace


There was a point, about the time I had 3 weeks of school left, that I thought maybe I would never want to write again. I have written soooo many papers over the past 4 years that I didn't feel like writing again. But now, having been done with school for almost a month, I feel like writing again! And I just want to write and write! The best part is I get to write about what I want to write about! Most of what I write is just musings, random thoughts, but I am glad I have a little bit of time here and there to write again.

Here is a story of God’s blessing and grace over the weekend:

Yesterday, my mom and I were on the way to a parade that we were supposed to be in. I was driving and my mom was is the passenger seat. We were about 15 minutes away from the town when a tire came off of a camper that was going the opposite direction. All of a sudden, the tire was flying straight at us. I didn’t know what to do. I started braking…There was nowhere to go. The tire was coming from the left and heading to the right of our car and there was a whole stream of cars in the other lane. The wheel hit our car first on the right front bumper and then went to the left of the hood and then came straight at me…hitting the windshield right in front of me…but it didn’t go through the glass. It bounced off and continued on. Thankfully, God protected not only me and my mom, but the rest of the people who were driving. No one was hurt! God covered us with His angels and kept us safe (We even made it to the parade, just before it started). My mom and I were shaken afterwards, thinking of all of the “what-ifs”. We could have been seriously injured or worse. Again, I am grateful to God and I am thankful to be alive! Thank you Father!

Psalm 56:4
In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is good, all the time! So grateful for his mercy and protection of two beautiful friends. I love you guys!! :)
Cindy