Saturday, July 7, 2012

College - Completed

The time I have been waiting for is finally here! Through the history of my blog here, I have given updates on my college adventures through CollegePlus! I finished CollegePlus! (the coaching) at the end of March. At that point, I had 2 more classes I needed to take and a science DANTE and a math course (ALEKS). A total of 12 credits. I had everything lined up and was ready to go. My courses ran 12 weeks, so my goal was to finish out my 2 classes and the other 6 credits before the end of June. I would then be able to apply for graduation by July 1, for the September graduation. The last 3 months flew by.

I planned on taking the science test towards the end of May. But...I didn't feel ready, so I put it off. Twice. I was looking into possible classes that I could take instead of the science test. While I was looking through the course list, I found a course that fit under the science requirement that was a computer course. I was reading the description and it was very similar to a course I had taken at a community college. At one point, I had asked that it be added to my general education credits, but at that point, the college had said it wouldn't work there. I asked the college again about this course and showed them the course description to the class that I had taken and sure enough they were able to switch the credits around. This made it so that I would no longer have to take the additional credits. I am thankful to God that He gave me the idea and made it possible for me use the credits I had already earned. He also made it so I didn't have to take the test I wasn't ready for. Praise the Lord! All the glory to Him!

With the science credits out of the way and almost being done with my classes, I had just one more hurdle to get over. Math. I have never been great at math. I would much rather write... So I wasn't getting my self-study math course done (it is a pay-by-the-month course). So I decided I would retake the College Math CLEP, which I had missed by just one point last time. Passing score is 50. Last time I got a 49. It was hard to miss by 1 point. This time, my mom suggested I try a tutor. So I did and was really helped by this. I felt much more encouraged after I went to the tutor. As a back-up, I did register for a math course just in case I didn't pass the test. I am very happy to announce that I did indeed pass the Math CLEP with a 56! Not only did I pass, but I got a much higher score than last time. I am very grateful to my tutor for helping me out and being willing to spend time working through the practice tests with me! Again, I give the glory to God. Without Him, I would not have been able to do.

At this point, I had finished up my courses and was now able to send in my application for graduation since I passed the CLEP! So I over-nighted my application to the college and I have now heard that they have received it. While I have not officially graduated, I am done with all my college credits! I am so happy and glad to have completed the credits I need. The college will now review all of the credits and such, but everything looks like it is good to go!

So yes! I have completed college!!! That season is over. I know God has great plans for me and I have confidence that He will guide me in this new season.

Thanks for all of your prayers throughout this season of my life!

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven...
Ecclesiastes 3:1


P.S. I will let you know when it is all official!!!

No comments: