Friday, October 18, 2013

I'm thankful for... Day 17 & 18

Day 17

Yesterday was one of the days that our local homeschool co-op meets. When I woke up yesterday, my alarm radio came on and the first thing I heard was that the station was giving away Newsboys CDs to the first caller when you heard their song play in the next couple of hours. Well that helped me wake up! So all morning as I was getting ready I was listening for their song, and listening, and listening. Then I would hear their song and call right away, but I would get a busy tone. So they finally announced they had one CD left to give away (by this time we were in the car on the way to co-op). So I tried once more and again...I got the busy tone. I couldn't believe it. I called so early and still missed it. So I thought I would try one more time anyway and...it rang. The lady on the radio answered and told me I was the first caller and I won the CD!!!! I was so excited! I think I may have kinda screamed! So I am thankful for the opportunity to win the CD and have such a great Christian radio station to listen to. 

I was also grateful for the manners class I was able to teach. It was on flag etiquette and being an American! It was great to hear the children say the Pledge of Allegiance. 

Day 18

Today I am thankful for the great concert we were able to attend tonight! We went to the Keith and Kristyn Getty concert! I love the fact that we are able to have bands come so close by.

I also enjoyed seeing some friends thati haven't seen in quite a while! 

   

No comments: