Thursday, October 10, 2013

I'm thankful for...Day 10

Today I am especially thankful for the people that God has put into my life over the years. Even if some of them were there for a short time, they still made a big impact on me. 

A few years ago, a pastor from the local community was one of those people. I barely knew him, but to see the way he truly lived out his faith to the people in his midst was incredible. He was bold for God! 

I also think of some of the friends that God put in my life throughout my childhood and school years. God put them in the places I needed someone to be. 

I am grateful for various family members that have supported me. My grandparents were some of my biggest cheerleaders. And many others in my family have shown support for me in various ways. 

I think of my political friends that have supported me and been such blessings in my life. Thank you, God, for putting them in my life. 

Finally, the last one that comes to mind today is my former boss that recently passed away. While he was only my boss for a short time, I have great respect for this person. He made an impact on me and on the people around him. While not everyone may have always agreed with him, I believe he had a lot of people's respect. 

So today, I am thankful for the people I have mentioned above. So many of them have impacted me in ways that they will never know. I am grateful to God for placing them in my life. 

Who has made an impact on your life? How have you seen God use someone in your life that you only knew for a short while? 

No comments: