Friday, October 5, 2012

21 Days of Musings - Day 2

Day 2 - The meaning behind your Blog name and why you decided to start blogging

I really like alliterations! Alliterations are "the repetition of usually initial consonant sounds in two or more neighboring words or syllables" (Merriam-Webster, alliteration). So when I originally decided to blog, I wanted to come up with a fun name for my blog. I wanted a place where I could blog random thoughts, journal, etc... My mom came up with the word "Musings" (She is great with words and she knew I was looking for an alliteration). The name "Musings Made by Mandy" was then born!

The original reason I started blogging was because I felt God was calling me to write for young women. I felt that I needed to provide a Christian alternative to the magazines that are out there for girls. Since I was not financially able to at the time produce a magazine for girls, God opened the door to blogging for me. I started JOY Blog. I blogged over at JOY Blog for almost 6 years. I started my Musings blog as a personal blog, without a format. JOY Blog had a format and was more of a monthly blog. This last Spring, I felt that I could not keep up both blogs. So as of right now, JOY Blog is inactive (but you can still check out the old articles if you would like). I am currently only blogging here on Musings. My goal is that my blog with always glorify God and that it will be a witness to those who read it. I try to be open and share real life stories. I want you to see the light of Jesus through me and my blog!



In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:16 (NIV1984)

No comments: