Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Running the race

With the political season coming to a close here is the USA (14 days until Election Day), I thought I would share some Bible verses that came to mind.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Hebrews 12:1 NIV84)

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. (2 Timothy 4:7 NIV84)

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. (1 Corinthians 9:24 NIV84)

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me–the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. (Acts 20:24 NIV84)

It is my prayer that while we are running the last part of this race(this political race), we will always keep in mind the great race. And that in all we do, we give the glory to God and be a witness for Him.

And...I encourage you to research candidates and then get out and VOTE!

No comments: