Monday, May 23, 2016

Captain America: Civil War - Movie Night

My younger sister and I went to the movie Captain America: Civil War this past week. There was one quote from the movie that really stood out to me and I wanted to share it with you.

"Compromise where you can. Where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye, and say, 'No, you move'."

It seems to me that these days everyone feels the need to compromise. I believe that there are some things we can't compromise on. My faith, my values, and my convictions are things I cannot compromise on. Often times, it is not easy. But God calls us to take a stand! I am learning this lesson and I am sure there is still much to learn! 

No comments: