Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Visiting the Captiol and Friends - May 17, 2016

It was such a great day today! My mom, sister, and I headed down to our Capitol to visit our legislators and friends before session ends for the year. It is a busy time of year for them as they only have about one week left. Please remember to pray for your legislators! They work hard!

Our Capitol in MN is currently under construction...  I took these pictures on my phone so they aren't great, but I wanted you to be able to take a peek at it.


They are also working on the outside of the Capitol building. Here is one of the cranes lifting something onto the Capitol.


While there is very limited public access we were able to get a pass to visit the House Chamber and visit some of our representatives.

We also were able to visit a friend that has cancer. It was such a blessing to visit with her and her mom. The t-shirt I have on says "Not all cancer is pink". Many times we see the pink ribbons that represent cancer, but there are so many different forms of cancer and her t-shirts are raising awareness for that!





It was such a blessing to be around so many people that share the same passions. Many of the friends we visited with share our Christian faith and I really felt encouraged after spending time with them. One of my friends reminded me that home is where Jesus is and we are also at home when we are with other believers. It was a great reminder!


And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
 Hebrews 10:24-25 (NIV)

No comments: